Thursday 12 May 2016

Fuel tank

Now I have got the rear panel into shape I have decided to focus more attention on the rear of the car and get it to a suitable point in the construction process where I can aim to get the rear panel fixed into position permanently.

that means getting parts such as the fuel tank, rear wiring, etc all fixed in.

Fuel tank - simple task - centralise along the rear of the chassis frame, sealant underneath, along the lower rear frame and along the top leading edge

Before I glued the tank into position I took the opportunity to see how the wiring loom will route around the rear of the panel, in particular the fog lamp, reversing light and number plate lamp - its quite tight these will need some gentle coercion into position when the rear panel is finally fixed into place.

The key thing I need to remember is to route the wires through the rear panel as I manoeuvre the rear panel into position rather than try to route wires after the panel is fixed in - my hands are too big to reach!

the following photos show the space where the fuel tank will sit and shows roughly how the rear wiring will route:


 A couple of photos of the tank glued into position.


 Once the tank had firmly fixed into position, I connected the fuel pipes to the upper and lower parts of the tank - fingers crossed the fuel system is connected up rear to front now with just the final routing to the engine to complete

No comments: