Saturday 6 June 2015

GBS open day June 2015

 
Gulf Oils racing example
 June 2015 saw GBS have their open day at the factory so I  took this opportunity to make a visit across the pennines (via Chesterfield to pick up my father en-route) to  Nottinghamshire and have a chat with some fellow builders  whilst getting some added motivation from seeing finished  examples and variations of a theme.

 As per the norm, everyone at GBS was most welcome, tea,  coffee and cake plus the dry weather ensured a good turn out of zeros lining the car park through the morning.

Kawasaki green compliments the white nicely 
I also took the opportunity to pick up some parts which I will be needing in the coming weeks as I progress through the build so I came away with the 2.4 quick turn steering rack, steering shaft and rear Gaz shock absorbers.

 
beautifully finish in white
A couple of factory builds were in progress to cast an eye over which allowed me to get confirmation of how the rear suspension penny washers fitted, wiring loom routed through the chassis plus look at the dreaded rear panel and how that in theory bends into its desired shape...all useful research for applying to my build.


Wind deflector panels - a nice touch
carbon effect vinyl wrap on bonnet


A race spec Zero 

No comments: