Saturday 6 August 2016

Seat decision

Seats were looming into view on the build. I have had a vision of what i want to create with this build and seats are a focal point. I want to be part of the chassis and feel the chassis moving under me which without being  much more eloquent means "bucket" seats


I fully appreciate comfort on long journeys and one of the reservations I had was "are they comfortable" afterall there is zero padding they are essentially moulded GRP seats. GBS do a fine range of bucket seats in a variety of colours and compared to other similar products represent good value for money.


on the flip side there is also an upholstered seat which can be customised with coloured piping - these provide the softer comfort but far less (in my opinion) lateral support.

So a trip to GBS to test seats with my wife!

Thankfully they have both seats available to try for size in the showroom but we were also lucky enough to get access to the workshop area where they had a couple of finished vehicles in stock which had examples of both seats to try. So we spent a good while trying the seats, getting comfortable and seeing which offered the best all round comfort and support

the answer was....a split decision! my wife preferred the upholstered seats feeling the bucket seat had been designed by a man as it did not cater for a female shape! myself on the other hand was extremely surprised to find the bucket seats were really comfortable offering the support I expected them to do - decision made, a pair of black bucket seats acquired (sorry Sue, you will get used to them, honest!)

We also took the universal adjustable seat runners to fit under the seats



No comments: